We’re looking for a trustee
Job Description – Trustee
We are Mikeysline. We support those experiencing emotional distress, help them to make decisions about their lives, encourage individuals to talk about how they are feeling and work out solutions for themselves
Mikeysline has been in existence since 2015. It is a charity with a proud history of supporting people from all walks of life to talk about their emotions. It’s a well-established organisation in the Highlands of Scotland, helping those who feel they have no one to talk to, we hope to encourage people to look at alternatives to suicide or self harm and help them find solutions within their community.
We’re here to help reduce the high suicide statistics in the Highland. We know we make a big difference to people. Our text line and our drop in service provide much needed out of hours support.
Becoming a Trustee
Our Board of Trustees have overall responsibility for setting the vision and strategic direction of the organisation, with a shared passion for continuous improvement and drive to make a positive impact, specifically on young lives. There are many changes going on in the Highlands in relation to funding and priorities and we want trustees willing to be at the forefront of this process to promote the organisation in the best way possible.
Trustees are expected to take on specific activities which reflect their background and skills and which bring added value and support to the organisation. These could include HR, payroll, accounts, marketing, fund raising, writing bids and applications for grants and funding.
Applications are welcomed from those who can demonstrate:
- experience of working at senior management level, providing leadership during times of change. The ability to analyse information and prepare well for Board meetings is crucial to making an impact.
- vision, enthusiasm, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to influence Board decisions, and challenge and support the staff and volunteers within the organisation.
- a commitment to Mikeysline, supporting our charitable object and focus on those in emotional difficulty. Trustees are ambassadors for Mikeysline and champion its service users and volunteers.
To maintain the balance of skills and experience on the Board in 2019/20 we are particularly interested to hear from applicants with experience as follows:
- Senior Manager in a third sector organisation
- Bid writing or funding application experience/understanding
- member or volunteer management
- fundraisingExperience within Mental Health and/or Wellbeing environment
What time do I need to give?
We ask that you attend three board meetings per year. There will be further associated tasks that you can do from home relating to trustee responsibilities and you should be able to commit an average of two days a month to this.
Where do I need to travel to?
Meetings are usually held at The Hive, 19 Academy Street, Inverness, IV1 1JN.
Term of Office:
As per our constitution
What will I gain?
- Opportunity to join a friendly and professional Board
- Experience of strategically managing a small charity
- Satisfaction from supporting our work with those experiencing emotional difficulties.
What training will I get?
- Induction to the charity and our policies and procedures
- Invites to external trustee training opportunities when they become available
- Invite to our internal training courses
This is a non paid role, however, reasonable expenses will be paid upon presentation of receipts and with prior arrangement.
Ready to make your mark? We want you on board
To find out more about this fantastic volunteering opportunity and download the application documents, complete the application form and return it along with your CV to: email@example.com
Mikeysline is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all. All applications must be received by 9am on 15th April 2019. Please note this is an unpaid position.